Cooperation Program CP Interreg V-A “Greece – Cyprus 2014-2020”
The Interreg V-A Cooperation Program (CP) “Greece – Cyprus 2014-2020” was approved by the European Commission on 27.07.2015. It has a total budget of € 64,560,486, of which € 54,876,411.00 ERDF.
The Cooperation Program aims to:
- increase the competitiveness of the eligible area by supporting entrepreneurship, information, and communication technologies.
- covering areas such as energy, climate change, and transport by promoting an economy with low carbon emissions,
- disaster prevention, the promotion of natural and cultural heritage, and technologies for the protection of natural resources.
- Financial priorities
The program focuses on the following three priorities:
- Enhancing competitiveness and entrepreneurship in the cross-border area.
- Efficient use of energy and sustainable transport.
- Preservation and protection of the environment and risk prevention.
With Specific Objectives (SO) for each of them, which are the following:
Priority Axis 1: Enhancing competitiveness and entrepreneurship in the cross-border area
SO 1.1 – Increasing the use of ICT in areas of common interest (in the areas of e-government, e-business, e-culture, and tourism)
SO 1.2 – Enhancing the extroversion of Media
Priority Axis 2: Energy efficiency and sustainable transport
SO 2.1 – Increase energy savings in public buildings
SO 2.2 – Reducing the environmental footprint from public transport in urban areas with significant gaseous pollution.
SO 2.3 – Enhance interoperability and safety in maritime transport.
Priority Axis 3: Preservation and protection of the environment and risk prevention
SO 3.1 – Improving joint risk management of natural, technological, and humanitarian disasters
SO 3.2 – Improving the attractiveness of areas of natural and cultural interest
SO 3.3 – Improving Marine Spatial Planning and Coastal Zone Management
SO 3.4 – Improving the efficiency of the use of waste and water resources